Growing up, my parents read to me the same book several times in one sitting, and my grandfather fascinated me with tales I later found out he spent the night before trying to figure out what he’d tell us the next day. I’m blessed to have the privilege of writing and researching the generations for which I have astute respect.
I have a BA in Professional Writing and a MS in Curriculum and Instruction in English Education. However, I recognize there is so much more to learn. My passion for writing began after reading Tall and Proud by Vian Smith.
I’m a member of ACFW, the Christian PEN, AWAI, and founder of the Unraveling History Critique group. In addition, I’m Assistant Director of PENCON, the premier conference for editors in the Christian market, which is a division of the Christian Editor Network.
I’ve fallen for the creative world, and can’t get enough of layout and design, photography, marketing, and writing and editing.
- I’ve been writing and editing since 2000.
- 2002 – two devotionals in a ladies’ magazine.
- 2005 – story in Faith Writer’s Teen Truth section.
- 2006 – Third place Editor’s Choice themed contest winner. Promise with a Letter published in Faith Writers anthology Come Away with Me.
- 2013 – Writing Internship with Answers Magazine. Three publications: Online Promotional for July-Sept. Issue and two editorial articles for the Impact section of the Oct.-Dec. 2013 issue.
- 2013 – write-up in PCC’s Update about my professional writing internship.
- 2014 – finalized and won PCC’s Original Narrative Fiction Commencement Contest, a short WWII historical fiction story, “Puddle of Remorse”.
- Nonfiction personal essay highly commended for July 2014 Faith Writers Writing Challenge.
- 2015 – WWII historical fiction short story “Puddle of Remorse” published in PCC’s student literary publication Fountains.
- 2015 – placed number fifteen in Faith Writers Page Turner Fiction Contest (To Protect, WWI novel.
- 2017 – “Obsession of 130 Hats,” a personal nonfiction essay in Fountains.