Growing up, my parents read to me the same book several times in one sitting, and my grandfather fascinated me with tales I later found out he spent the night before trying to figure out what he’d tell us the next day. I’m blessed to have the privilege of writing and researching the generations for which I have astute respect.
I have a bachelor’s in Professional Writing and a master’s in Curriculum and Instruction in English. However, I recognize there is so much more to learn. My passion for writing began after reading Tall and Proud by Vian Smith.
I’m a member of ACFW, Christian PEN, AWAI, and founder of the Unraveling History Critique group.
I’ve fallen for the creative world, and can’t get enough of layout and design, photography, marketing, and writing and editing.
- I’ve been writing and editing since 2000.
- 2002 – two devotionals in a ladies’ magazine.
- 2005 – story in Faith Writer’s Teen Truth section.
- 2006 – Third place Editor’s Choice themed contest winner. Promise with a Letter published in Faith Writers anthology Come Away with Me.
- Summer 2013 – Writing Internship with Answers Magazine. Three publications: Online Promotional for July-Sept. Issue and two articles for the Impact section of the Oct.-Dec. 2013 issue.
- Fall 2013 – write-up in PCC’s Update about my professional writing internship.
- Non-fiction personal essay highly commended for July 2014 Faith Writers Writing Challenge.
- April 2015 – WWII short fiction story published in PCC’s student literary publication Fountains, that also won PCC’s 2014 Original Narrative Fiction Commencement Contest.
- Fall 2015 – number fifteen in Faith Writers Page Turner Fiction Contest (To Protect, Book 2 in WWI trilogy).
- 2017 – forthcoming nonfiction essay in Fountains.